Comment on page
Bridge Tokens To Europa
Simple, transparent, decentralized bridging between Ethereum and the SKALE Network.
SKALE's Interchain Messaging Agent (IMA) Bridge enables fast, decentralized transactions between Ethereum mainnet and the Europa SKALE Chain. (Use Metaport for transfers directly between SKALE Chains, which are free and almost instant.)
Transfers between mainnet and Europa take around 3-5 minutes, though can be faster. Gas costs need to be paid for the smart contract operations that take place on the Ethereum side.
- 1.Go to Ruby.Exchange and select Bridge from the main menu. Make sure you're moving funds from Ethereum mainnet to the Europa SKALE Chain, not the other way round. You will be prompted to connect to mainnet using MetaMask.
- 2.Select the token you want to bridge to the Europa SKALE Chain, then enter the amount in the top box labeled "From Ethereum mainnet". The bottom box should show "Europa SKALE Chain".
- 3.You will need to Approve the token with the bridging contract before you click Transfer to bridge your tokens (two MetaMask confirmations).
- 4.On clicking Transfer, you'll see a confirmation box, and receive a MetaMask prompt. Accept the transaction in MetaMask.
- 5.Once confirmed on the blockchain, your funds will be available on Europa and can be used on Ruby.Exchange. This typically takes just a few seconds, but can be slightly longer.
- 6.When your funds have safely bridged, you can start trading immediately, or deposit liquidity and stake your LP tokens to start farming RUBY.
SKALE uses a Gas Wallet: a dedicated address that holds ETH to pay for the transaction fees associated with using the bridge. You won't need this to move funds into the SKALE ecosystem. Coming back from SKALE to Ethereum mainnet, you'll need to make sure that wallet has some ETH in it.
To do that, use the Gas Wallet Info button at the bottom of the Bridge page. You will be adding ETH on the mainnet side, essentially "pre-loading" the gas fee that you'll need to pay to withdraw the funds from the Europa SKALE Chain to Ethereum.
The amount of gas required to withdraw tokens varies, depending on demand on the Ethereum network. This is why you will see a recommended minimum balance to deposit to your Gas Wallet. Any remaining funds can be left in the Gas Wallet or withdrawn after you have bridged funds to mainnet.
The process to bridge funds off is the same as bridging them on, with the only difference being you must have some ETH deposited into your Gas Wallet first.
Make sure you are connected to Ethereum network in order to do the step above by adjusting the "FROM" and "TO" fields on the Bridge page by clicking the red button between top and bottom input boxes.